A website is an amalgamation of various pages like landing pages, product pages, blog post pages, and much more. When using WordPress, these pages use the default layout of your WordPress theme. However, if you want to make your pages stand out from the rest and want to customize them a bit, you can create your own custom page.
Ways To Create A Custom Page On WordPress
There are mainly three ways to create custom pages on WordPress. These are:
With The Help Of Page Builders
There are various page builders like Elementor and Beaver builder that let you create custom pages on WordPress. Here is how you can use Beaver Builder to create a custom page.
A free version of Beaver builder is subject to limited functionality. If you want your website pages to break barriers, using the premium version of Beaver Builder is a good idea.
Let’s start using it.
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click Plugins from the left menu bar.
- From the drop-down menu, click Add New.
- Now, type Beaver Builder on the search bar in the right section of the screen.
- From the search results, find Beaver Builder and click Install Now/Activate.
- If you brought the premium version of it, you need to upload the plugin with the Upload Plugin button on top of the screen. Choose your file and install it.
To use Beaver Builder to create WordPress page templates, go to Pages in the left menu of your dashboard. Go to Add New to create a new page.
Now, launch the Beaver Builder to use it as a page editor. To start with, you can either choose to drag and drop a row and module or make use of readymade templates available. You can even make changes to the templates to make them look like your own.
Beaver Builder requires you to type text in a separate box than on the page itself.
As you edit the template, you can just keep saving changes by clicking Save Draft. You can thereby Publish the WordPress template when all changes are made.
With The Help Of Plugins
You can also create a custom page like this casino website with the help of WordPress plugins. One such easy-to-use plugin is SeedPro. SeedPro makes use of the drag-and-drop feature to build a page making it even for beginners to use it easily.
You can install the SeedPro plugin by following the same process as above. To begin using it as an editor, you will have to enter the license key. To get your license key, visit the official website of SeedPro and get it after registering your account on it.
- Once SeedPro is activated on your WordPress profile, it’s time to begin creating the custom page.
- To do so, start by going to the SeedPro option visible in the left menu of your dashboard. Click Pages from the drop-down menu.
- Click ‘Create a new landing page’ thereafter. After this, you have the option of either choose a template for your custom page or start creating it from scratch by selecting a Blank template.
- For instance, if you have chosen a template, you will be required to enter the new page details. In this, you need to name your page and add the page URL.
- Click Save and start editing the page.
- Editing using SeedPro is the simplest. Just click where you need to make changes over the template.
- For instance, you can start by changing the headline of the page. Just click on the headline, and the headline editor will pop up on the left. The formatting options include formatting text, align text, changing font size, adding links, and so on. Similarly, you can click on images to change or edit them.
Adding New Blocks
If you want to add a new block on your template or your blank document, simply click the Design tab on the screen’s top right.
Two tabs, namely Blocks and Sections, will open. Under the Block tab, you will find Standard and Advanced block options. To use each block, drag and drop them into the template section.
To edit the desired block, click on it to open the editor on the left side. You can add list block, image block, video block, column block, option form block, contact form, giveaway block, and much more.
You can also undo or redo your changes made anytime from the ‘undo’ button placed at the bottom. It also includes revision history, mobile preview, layout navigation, and other such options.
Once you have made your custom page, you can save it as a template and publish it directly as well.
- As you click Publish, you will be asked to ‘See live page’.
- You can also edit your custom page anytime in the future by visiting SeedPro > Pages and then clicking the page you want to edit.
Create A Custom Page On WordPress Manually
Are you wondering how to make a template with minimal coding? Yes, we know finding the right WordPress developer is tough. Thankfully, these instructions are easy to follow.
- Open any text editor on your computer like Notepad.
- Just add this line of the code on the empty file: <?php /* Template Name: CustomPage1 */ ?>
- This code tells WordPress that this is your template file which is named CustomPage1. You can change it to whatever file name you want.
- Save this file to your desktop as custompage1.php. You can rename it your way. Just don’t forget to add .php at the end.
- Now connect to your WordPress hosting account. Once done, go to the current theme folder. Upload the above-saved custom page template file.
- Now, login and open your WordPress admin dashboard to create a new page. Go to Pages> Add New
- Click on three vertical dots to open the page editor. Go to Page Attributes by scrolling down.
- Select your template i.e. customtemplate1, from the drop-down menu.
- It will show a blank template on the WordPress screen. You can make changes and edit it like any other template file.
- If you have some coding knowledge, you can even add PHP code to this template file as well.
This was all about creating a WordPress custom template. Wasn’t it too easy to follow and have fun with? We hope that now you will be able to create your own custom pages of your website on the go.